Maintaining your bone health is one of the most important parts of staying healthy for a lifetime. Unhealthy bones can affect your working at any time and any age. As advised by our best Orthopaedic doctor specialist in Faridabad it is important to build strong and healthy bones during childhood and adolescence as it is best to start thinking about your health from an early age but steps taken during adulthood to protect bone health can also help in healing any injury and bone damages.
Factors affecting bone health:
Many factors are responsible to determine your bone health as listed by best orthopaedic doctor specialist Faridabad-
- Calcium intake- If you are taking a diet that is low in calcium can diminish your bone density leading to early bone loss and an increased risk of fractures.
- Physical activity- Physically inactive People are at higher risk of osteoporosis
- Tobacco consumption- Tobacco is the biggest factor that contributes to weak bones.
- Gender- Women have less bone tissue as compared to men thus they are at greater risk of osteoporosis
- Hormone levels- hormones can also contribute to damage your bone health as too much of thyroid hormone can cause bone loss. In women, bone loss increases drastically at menopause due to dropping of estrogen levels whereas, in men, low testosterone levels can cause a loss of bone mass.
- Medical disorders- Some medical disorders like stomach surgery (gastrectomy), weight-loss surgery, and conditions such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease and Cushing's disease can affect your body's ability to absorb calcium leading to unhealthy bones.
- Use of certain medications- Continuous use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, cortisone, prednisolone and dexamethasone, causes severe damage to the bone.
We are the best Bone specialist doctor near me and advise you to start caring about your bone health as soon as you realize as it is the basic part that let you stand and walk. Exercise regularly and keep a track of your calcium intake and consult a bone doctor instantly for any query.